Rashida A. Karmali, JD, Ph. D, MBA: Founder, CEO & President
Part-time CFO & CMO
Rashida A. Karmali, Chair
Two Board Members elect: Timothy Scott, CEO, TEGA Therapeutics, La Jolla, CA; Rolf Arnold, Vice President, Rothschild NY, NY
Rashida A. Karmali
• Ph. D in Biochemistry, from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England – Recognized as Notable Alumni (2017)
• M.Sc. in Animal Nutrition from University of Aberdeen, Scotland
• B.S. in Biochemistry from Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Primary Studies on the role of eicosanoids and polyunsaturated fatty acids in cancer and in autoimmune diseases at:
• Research Clinic of Montreal.
• Robert A. Good at the Memorial Sloan – Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC)in New York City,
• Rutgers University in New Brunswick Associate Professor. She also maintained an adjunct position at MSKCC.
• Extensive research program described in 100+ publications
• Reviewing grants: The Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) and
• The American Cancer Society.
• Featured on the Cover of Cancer Research in December of 1997 for work on
• Omega -3 fatty acids and cyclooxygenase- 2 (COX-2) in cancer.
• JD at the School of Law, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ.
• MBA degree from Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey
• Registered Patent Agent, New York
• Certified Licensing Professional (CLP).
• Member of AACR, ACS, ASCO, AIPLA (Business Law & Food Law), ABA (Corporate Committee), LES
• Lifetime Achievement Award- Marquis Who’s Who in 2017.
Intellectual Property Law Work: Solo Law Practice (2000-present)
• Patent litigation cases & IPO and Tech Transactions at leading law firms in NY, NY
• Glaxo v. Novopharm ; Glaxo v. Genpharm; Eli Lilly v. Barr Labs
• Merck v. Monsanto
Scientific Advisors & Consultants
John G. Page, Ph.D., D.A.B.T., Rockhill Toxicology Consultants, Birmingham, AL
Greg Gorman, Ph.D., Samford University School of Pharmacy, Birmingham, AL
Yulia Maxuitenko, Ph.D., Preclinical-Oncology, Birmingham, AL
Stephen Byrn, Ph.D., Medicinal Chemistry, Purdue University, Lafayette, IN
Wayne Vallee, Ph.D., Cardinal Health Regulatory Sciences, Overland, KS
Michael Lamson, Ph.D., Clinical Pharmacology, Nuventra, Durham, NC
Linda Bavisotto, MD, Clinical Trial Monitoring, Seattle, WA
Robert Aiken, MD, Director, Neuro-oncology, Rutgers Cancer Institute, New Brunswick, NJ
Elizabeth Garrett-Mayer, Ph.D., Medical University of South Carolina, SC
Experts in Drug Development & Collaborators in CTO Trials
Annick Desjardin, MD- Neuro-oncology, Associate Professor, Duke University, Durham NC
Elizabeth DeAngelis, MD-Neuro-oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY
Jeffrey Allen, MD- Pediatric Oncology, NYU Langdone Medical Center, New York, NY
Andrew Lassman, MD-Neuro-oncology, NY Presbyterian-Columbia University, New York, NY
Patrick Wen, MD, Neuro-oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Boston, MA
Susan Chang/Nicholas Butowski, MD-Neuro-oncology, UCSF, San Francisco, CA
Tulika Ranjan, MD-Neuro-oncology, Cancer Institute Allegheny General, Pittsburgh, PA
Manmeet Ahluwalla, MD, Brain Metastases, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Pierre-Yves Dietrich, MD, Neuro-oncology, Geneva Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Minesh Mehta, MD-Radiation Oncology, Miami Cancer Institute, FL
Merrell Ryan, MD- Neuro-oncology, North Shore Hospital, Chicago, IL
Paul Duic, MD- Neuro-oncology, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, NY
Solmaz Sahebjam, MD-Neuro-oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL
Arjun Saghal, MD-Radiation Oncologist, Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, Canada
James Perry, MD- Neuro-oncology, Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Santosh Keshari, MD- Neuro-oncology, Santa Monica, CA